1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
Went to a literary festival and sat on a panel, went to World Fantasy Con and creepily stared at a bunch of fabulous writers, put out House of Sand and Secrets with Folded Wherry, judged a teens short story competition, kinda accidentally illustrated a book of children’s short stories, ran 5 kilometres.
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Eh, I can’t even remember what they were, but next year’s a re pretty chill, I’m feeling good about them.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My friend Kat who moved to Oz had a sone, who I shall soon be meeting 😀
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. Where did you travel?
UK! It was the first time The Boy had been overseas so it was extra fun. We were in Brightin, then London and I could move to Brighton and live there forever! Also, omg can I move into the Tate Modern? And the National Museum.
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
Confidence. I’m working on that.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Running 5 km? Giving up smoking (mostly :P). Buying a house.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Failure to communicate. But mostly it wasn’t big failures, just little learning experiences.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Discovered, much to my sadness, that I am now allergic to rats.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
14. Where did most of your money go?
er, the house again. And food.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going overseas. The last time I travelled overseas I was 20….
16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
17. Compared to this time last year, you are:
Yes and no (see: house)
I keep telling myself it’s muscle weight *nods*
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Waking up to dreamstrorm during sunrise, walking the dogs, birdwatching, painting
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Doubting myself, looking at goodreads ever.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent it with family as always.
22. Did you fall in love in 2013?
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, my list of people to hate has stayed pretty constant, and now it’s more exasperated eyerolling pity than hate.
25. What was your favorite TV program?
Hmm I quite enjoyed Teen Wolf, but this year was actually pretty meh tv wise for me.
26. What was the best book you read?
I read a bunch of great books, but more than a favourite, I’ve found some new authors to add to me Buy Always pile.
27. What was your favorite film of this year?
I didn’t watch many movies.
28. What was the best thing you ate this year?
I ate a lot of wonderfully tasty food, the worst was jellied eels though…..
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 36 and I had a cupcake party which devolved into drunken trampolining, absinthe shots and glowstick cupcake sculptures. it was brill.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Scrub and Proud.
31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Hmm JLaw and Misha Collins, and my raging hard-on for Patrick Wolf remained rampant so I guess that’s it really..
32. Whom did you miss?
All my distant friends 🙁